About Thai Yoga Massage
2,500 years ago a dynamic bodywork therapy based upon yoga and Ayurveda practices, appeared in the temples of Thailand. This therapeutic art was directly rooted in the Indian healing traditions of Ayurvedic medicine. The father founder of Thai Yoga Massage, Jivaka Kumarbhaccha was a renowned doctor and yogi, he treated the Buddha, among others. After the Buddha’s death, the earliest Buddhist monks travelled to Southeast Asia and were accompanied by Ayurvedic doctors. These doctors practiced a healing art, that would later evolve into traditional Thai Massage.
In this unique healing system of Thai Yoga Massage, also called Nuad Boran, the practitioner guides the client through a series of yoga postures, while palming and thumbing along the body’s energy (‘Sen’) lines and pressure points. Together these actions result in a comprehensive full body treatment that relieves muscular tension, improves circulation, boosts the immune system and balances the body energetically.
Thai Yoga Massage is performed on a mat on the floor; both client and practitioner are dressed in comfortable clothing allowing ease of movement and flexibility.
Physical Benefits of Thai Massage
• Help detoxification of the body and boost immune system
• Increase blood circulation, lower blood pressure
• Good for muscle relaxation, increase flexibility in your muscles, increase mobility
• Improve breathing
• Improves posture, balance, corrects body alignments and dissolves energy blockages
• Improves athletic performance
• Help arthritis and back pain,
• Help tone the body, strengthen joints and fight diseases, including chronic joint problems
• Prevents illnesses and alleviates degenerative diseases
• Slows the aging process
Mental Benefits of Thai Massage
• Improve your outlook towards life; builds an emotional balance
• Help with concentration and creativity/ Mind and body concentration
• Clear and calm your mind
• Help you gain mental clarity
Psychological effects of Thai Massage
• Reduce and relieve stress and anxiety
• Help people boost their inner energy levels
• Develop discipline and self-control
• Achieve better health, increases health and vitality.
• Raise the energy level and stamina
• Build internal power (and creates a natural confidence)
About the Lotus Palm School of Thai Yoga Massage
Lotus Palm was founded in 1995, by Kam Thye Chow. In North America, the school was an innovation, being the first of its kind to specialize in Thai Yoga Massage. Lotus Palm, since its beginnings, has embraced growth and evolution. In response to the increased interest and the growing numbers of students, the school refined its therapeutic program, styles and levels of teaching. This lead to the development of a full formation with six levels of Thai Yoga Massage and the integration of Ayurveda and Sen energy lines. Lotus Palm also developed many sub-courses, with the intention of diversifying the practice and broadening its accessibility. These adapted forms include; Table Thai Yoga Massage levels 1 and 2, chair massage, prenatal massage and styles aimed at targeting the physical needs of the elderly. Learn more...